Release 6.1.2 (Apr 2019)
- When available, use environment variable defaults from Base
- Relax state check in epics::pvAccess::MonitorFIFO::post() and tryPost() to allow post() while closed.
Allows user code to avoid extra synchronization during shutdown (just call close() ).
Synchronization between open() and post() on type change is still required.
Release 6.1.1 (Mar 2019)
- pvcall fix array args
- pvinfo show server IP
Release 6.1.0 (Nov 2018)
- createFileLogger() from pv/logger.h
- No longer install testServer, testGetPerformance, testMonitorPerformance, rpcServiceExample, rpcServiceAsyncExample, rpcWildServiceExample, rpcClientExample, and pipelineServiceExample.
These will continue to be built, and may be found under testApp/O.* .
- The eget CLI utility has moved to its own Github module.
The new pvcall and existing pvget replace its role as a low level troubleshooting tool.
- Remove deprecated methods configure(), flush(), and poll() from ChannelProvider.
- Remove RPCClient::sendRequest()
- Remove RPCService::destroy() and dispose()
- Typedefs GUID, Service
- epics::pvAccess::pvAccessLog() add EPICS_PRINTF_STYLE()
- ioc: shutdown PVA server via epicsAtExit()
- fix 'pva' provider registration during static linking
- Various fixes related to shared_ptr loop breaking.
- Various crashes and deadlocks.
- PVA client context: avoid lock order violations
- pvac::Monitor - shallow copy into Monitor::root
- pvget -m shows time and alarm if available (thanks to Andrew Starritt)
- PVA Server now handles pipeline=true automatically for all ChannelProviders.
It is only necessary to implement epics::pvAccess::Monitor::reportRemoteQueueStatus()
to receive notification of initial window size.
- Most locking issues in the 'ca' provider should now be resolved.
- Add pvmonitor execuable as an alias for 'pvget -m'.
- Add new pvcall executable to make RPC calls with arguments encoded using the NTURI convention.
- pvput to NTEnum via. string now supported
- pvac::* add valid() method and boolean cast shorthand. Also reset() and operator<<(ostream, ...)
- Add pvac::GetEvent::valid to determine fields actually transfered during a Get operation.
- Add pvac::ClientProvider::name()
- Add epics::pvAccess::MonitorFIFO utility implementation of epics::pvAccess::Monitor
- Add pvas::StaticProvider, pvas::DynamicProvider, and pvas::SharedPV. See documentation on the Server API.
- Support in the 'ca' provider for new pvRequest options:
DBE record option to select CA events to monitor, containing any combination of the keywords
dbtype field option to represent data types returned by CA as an unsigned or 64-bit integer.
pvtype=pvString field option to represent an array of chars from CA as a string.
Release 6.0.0 (Dec 2017)
- Incompatible changes
- Requires pvDataCPP >=7.0.0 due to headers moved from pvDataCPP into this module: requester.h, destoryable.h, and monitor.h
- Major changes to shared_ptr ownership rules for epics::pvAccess::ChannelProvider and
associated classes. See documentation on ChannelProvider API and Changes to ChannelProvider ownership rules.
- Add new library pvAccessIOC for use with PVAClientRegister.dbd and PVAServerRegister.dbd.
Necessary to avoid having pvAccess library depend on all IOC core libraries.
- Added new library pvAccessCA with "ca" provider. Main pvAccess library no longer depends on libca.
Applications needing the "ca" provider must link against pvAccessCA and pvAccess.
See examples/Makefile in the source tree.
The headers associated with this library are: caChannel.h, caProvider.h, and caStatus.h
- A number of headers which were previously installed, but considered "private", are no longer installed.
- epics::pvAccess::ChannelProviderRegistry may no longer be sub-classed.
- Removed access to singleton registry via getChannelProviderRegistry() and registerChannelProviderFactory()
in favor of epics::pvAccess::ChannelProviderRegistry::clients() and epics::pvAccess::ChannelProviderRegistry::servers().
The "pva" and "ca" providers are registered with the clients() singleton.
epics::pvAccess::ServerContext() looks up names with the servers() singleton.
- Removed deprecated epics::pvAccess::Properties
- The data members of epics::pvAccess::MonitorElement become const, preventing these pointers from being re-targeted.
- use of the epics::pvAccess::ChannelRequester interface is optional
and may be omitted when calling createChannel().
Channel state change notifications are deliviered
to individual operations via epics::pvAccess::ChannelBaseRequester::channelDisconnect()
- Default implementions added for the following methods
- epics::pvAccess::Lockable::lock() and epics::pvAccess::Lockable::unlock() which do nothing.
- epics::pvAccess::Channel::getConnectionState() returns CONNECTED
- epics::pvAccess::Channel::isConnected() uses getConnectionState()
- epics::pvAccess::Channel::getField() which errors
- epics::pvAccess::Channel::getAccessRights() which returns rw
- Added epics::pvAccess::SimpleChannelProviderFactory template and
epics::pvAccess::ChannelProviderRegistry::add() avoids need for custom
- Added epics::pvAccess::MonitorElement::Ref iterator/smart-pointer
to ensure proper handling of calls Monitor::poll() and Monitor::release().
- epics::pvAccess::PipelineMonitor "internal" is collapsed into epics::pvAccess::Monitor.
PipelineMonitor becomes a typedef for Monitor.
- epics::pvAccess::RPCService is now a sub-class of epics::pvAccess::RPCServiceAsync
- pv/pvAccess.h now provides macros OVERRIDE and FINAL which conditionally expand to the c++11 keywords override and final.
- Deliver disconnect notifications to individual Operations (get/put/rpc/monitor/...) via
- New API for server creation via epics::pvAccess::ServerContext::create() allows direct specification
of configuration and ChannelProvider(s).
- Add epics::pvAccess::ServerContext::getCurrentConfig() to get actual configuration, eg. for use with a client.
- Classes from moved headers requester.h, destoryable.h, and monitor.h added to epics::pvAccess namespace.
Typedefs provided in epics::pvData namespace.
- Added Client API based on pvac::ClientProvider
- pv/pvaVersion.h defines VERSION_INT and PVACCESS_VERSION_INT
- epics::pvAccess::RPCClient may be directly constructed.
- epics::pvAccess::RPCServer allows epics::pvAccess::Configuration to be specified and access to ServerContext.
- Added epics::pvAccess::Configuration::keys() to iterate configuration parameters (excluding environment variables).
- Added epics::pvAccess::Destoryable::cleaner
- epics::pvAccess::GUID in favor of epics::pvAccess::ServerGUID due to win32 name conflict.
Release 5.0.0 (July 2016)
- Remote channel destroy support
- Multiple network inteface support
- Local multicast (repetitor) reimplemented
- Monitor reconnect when channel type changes fix
- C++11 compilation fixes
- Added version to pvaTools
- Memory management improved
- pipeline: ackAny argument percentage support
- Monitor overrun memory issues fixed
- CA provider destruction fixed
- Replaced LGPL wildcard matcher with simplistic EPICS version
Release 4.1.2 (Oct 2015)
- Improved Jenkins build support
- Removed QtCreated IDE configuration files
- Use of getSubField<> instead of e.g. getDoubleField()
- CA support for pvget, pvput and pvinfo.
- vxWorks/RTEMS compiler warnings resolved.
- Transport shutdown improved.
- CA DBR status fix.
- Monitor queue handling improved.
- Fixed bad performance on 10Gbit or faster networks.
- Async RPC service.
Release 4.0.5 (Dec 2014)
(Starting point for release notes.)