Release R7-1 of the synApps mca module is now available. This is
from the release notes at
- Fixed a serious bug when reading the FIFO on the SIS3820. For non-DMA
reads it was previously using a call to memcpy(). This can cause bus errors
because memcpy() is not guaranteed to do 32-bit word transfers, which the
SIS3820 requires. In fact if the number of words to copy was exactly 1 then a
bus error was ocurring, because memcpy() appears to do 4 8-bit transfers in
- Added support to control the polarity of the control outputs on the
SIS3820. Choices are Normal
- Added PINI=YES to Channel1Source and EnableClientWait records.
Without this the initial channel 1 source was always internal until the record
was forced to process.
- Fixed some bugs in SIS38XX drivers that happened on some systems that
appear to be getting extra interrupts. Added additional asynTrace debugging to
drivers to help track down this type of problem.
- Tracked down problem on the SIS3820 with too many counts in the first
time bin in MCS mode when using External Channel Advance. This happens if there
are pulses present on the first counter input. Apparently the unit is becoming
enabled (i.e. counting) before the first external LNE pulse arrives. This is a
bug in the SIS3820 firmware. The workaround is to not have any hardware
connection to the first counter input, and just use the internal 50MHz clock on
this input. This problem is fixed in firmware release 0x010F, which is now
available from SIS.
- Fixed bugs in the calls to devReadProbe in both the SIS3801 and
SIS3820 drivers which were missing a needed "&" operator on the
address to be probed.
- The STIM field and the record time stamp were changed to record the
time that acquisition stopped rather than the time that acquisition started.
This was changed because in multi-element detector systems like the DXP xMAP or
the SIS38XX MCS the MCA records only process when acquisition completes, not
when it starts. In this situation the record time stamp and the STIM field were
never being updated. The MCA record always processes when acquisition
completes, so this field is now correctly updated, but has changed its meaning.
Minor fixes to medm adl files to make them work with the adl-BOY
This is the home page:
This is the latest tar file: