Argonne National Laboratory

Experimental Physics and
Industrial Control System

2002  2003  2004  2005  <20062007  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  2020  Index 2002  2003  2004  2005  <20062007  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  2020 
<== Date ==> <== Thread ==>

Subject: Re: Next R3.14.9 version: -pre2 or -RC1?
From: Ralph Lange <Ralph.Lange@bessy.de>
To: Andrew Johnson <anj@aps.anl.gov>
Cc: EPICS core-talk <core-talk@aps.anl.gov>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:02:20 +0100
I'm perfectly fine with a -pre2 release, as I've not been available last week and didn't manage to find time this week yet. I'm on late shift Friday, Saturday and Sunday, though, so I hope to be able to run the complete set of tests during the weekend. I'll do a CVS update on Friday to get the stuff here before the APS power switching.

Maybe you can consider giving the -pre2 a 1-week proposed lifetime and get -RC1 ready next Friday?!

- Ralph


Andrew Johnson wrote:
I haven't heard any results from anybody testing R3.14.9-pre1 outside of APS; has anyone actually tried it at all? Please tell core-talk if you have been checking out the -pre1 release or the CVS snapshots since; I'd particularly like to hear from anyone who has been testing on linux-x86_64 and vxWorks6.

Also, this release contains a cas fix that should allow the PV Gateway to pass alarm acknowledgements correctly, which was one of the main reasons we wanted to release R3.14.9 at this time. I would appreciate hearing from any other site that has built the PV Gateway with this version of Base and tested running ALH through it, to confirm our tests of this fix here at APS.

There have been significant numbers of commits done over the last few days, and I'm aware of at least one build issue on linux-arm that hasn't been completely resloved yet. I also have a number of gcc warning fixes in my sandbox that I haven't committed yet (I've been trying out the other -Wxxx options and cleaning up the real problems). As a result I don't think we're going to be ready to release -RC1 on Friday, so the release is most likely to be called R3.14.9-pre2 (comments on this are welcome). I will do a cvs update and tag on Friday morning, so please push any outstanding cvs commits on Thursday evening (or by 14:00 UTC Friday).

Advanced notice: All power to the APS office building is being turned off this coming Saturday (December 1st), between about 7:30am and Noon Chicago time. The APS website, email exploders and ssh+cvs access will be unavailable during that time. Those of you who rely on mercury for remote ssh access may have to wait until Monday morning for it to be turned back on; email me if you have any cvs+ssh problems next week, they'll probably be related to the power cycling.

- Andrew


Replies:
Re: Next R3.14.9 version: -pre2 or -RC1? Andrew Johnson
References:
Next R3.14.9 version: -pre2 or -RC1? Andrew Johnson

Navigate by Date:
Prev: Next R3.14.9 version: -pre2 or -RC1? Andrew Johnson
Next: Re: Next R3.14.9 version: -pre2 or -RC1? Andrew Johnson
Index: 2002  2003  2004  2005  <20062007  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  2020 
Navigate by Thread:
Prev: Next R3.14.9 version: -pre2 or -RC1? Andrew Johnson
Next: Re: Next R3.14.9 version: -pre2 or -RC1? Andrew Johnson
Index: 2002  2003  2004  2005  <20062007  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  2020 
ANJ, 02 Feb 2012 Valid HTML 4.01! · Home · News · About · Base · Modules · Extensions · Distributions · Download ·
· Search · EPICS V4 · IRMIS · Talk · Bugs · Documents · Links · Licensing ·