First, please forgive me for any GIT 101 questions.
We are trying to understand how to work with updating our EPICS 7 release here at SLAC.
So, when updates or patches are applied what is the process for us to update and build?
I have recently cloned.
Installing EPICS 7 core/master:
git clone -b core/master https://git.launchpad.net/epics-base master-base-7.0
git submodule update --init --reference ./
[ernesto@localhost master-base-7.0]$ git branch -a
remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/core/master
A few questions:
- Will the EPICS BASE associated with EPICS 7 be called 3.17, when ready production release?
I learned from Michael that 3.16 is different from the HEAD (i.e. core/master)
2. What is the key feature set planned for the "HEAD"?
3. How do I stay in synch with the HEAD (i.e. git pull) ?
4. Looks like "ca", "core", "database", and "libcom" are git submodules?
Well, I see via the ".gitmodules" file the submodule organization.
So, finally can I have an example which demonstrates how to update modules/ca ?
The current state is:
[ernesto@localhost ca]$ git branch
* (HEAD detached at eb683aa8a)
To stay in synch; is this where I should:
(a) git checkout master
(b) git pull
Dept. Head, Advanced Control Systems
Advanced Instrumentation Research, Technology Innovation Directorate
SLAC National Laboratory, Stanford University