Experimental Physics and
Industrial Control System

2012  <20132014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  Index 2012  <20132014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019
<== Date ==> <== Thread ==>

Subject: RE: How to generate a QELog messages? And misc
From: "Andrew C. Starritt" <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 12:47:36 +1100
Hi Emmanuel,

> For the QEStripTool, can I plot PVs with different scale (that's the case
> with the standard striptool, the displayed scale is one for the pv you
> selected)

Not yet, but I do aim to add a means to scale the chart to a particular PV, either
its LOPR/HOPR range or the currently buffered/ploted data range of values.

It is also my intension to add the capability to allow each PV to be plotted with
different scale. The scaling would be a basic linear scaling (y = m.x + c).
This is very usefully when ploting items with vastly different ranges on the sme chart.
As with the chart range, this scaling will be able to be set manually, or
based on the LOPR/HOPR values of the PV, or based on the current set of buffered/ploted values.

> I see that 10+ PV can be plotted on the same QEStripTool.
> That's great, but most of the time I only have a couple.
> Is there a way to remove the empty pv name holders?

Again not yet, but do intend to include a means to do this.

Regards
--
Andrew Starritt | Principal Controls Engineer | Australian Synchrotron
p: (03) 8540 4164 | f: (03) 8540 4200