Experimental Physics and
Industrial Control System

2012  2013  2014  <20152016  2017  2018  2019  Index 2012  2013  2014  <20152016  2017  2018  2019
<== Date ==> <== Thread ==>

Subject: caQtDM new major version
From: "Mezger Anton Christian (PSI)" <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 06:21:35 +0000

Hi all,

Dear all,

A new major update of caQtDM (V4.0.0) is available for linux, windows, macOS and IOS . The IOS version 4.0.0 should be available soon from the apple store..

This version has a major structure change: Now Control systems can be hooked to caQtDM by writing a plugin. The way you can do that is shown by the demo plugin as well as by the epics3 plugin. A PV can then be prefixed with the plugin name the following way: epics3://pv. The default plugin is epics3 when no plugin name is given or an internal soft variable.

In summary:

  • caQtDM has now a controlsystem plugin structure. CS can be added by writing a plugin (see demo plugin) that will automatically be loaded. By specifying the plugin in front
  • of the pv name (i.e epics3://somepv) that plugin will then be used.
  • fixed a small problem while writing a string to epics (could crash)
  • the build files have been simplified
  • edl2ui enhanced (by Lucas Carvalho)
  • several warnings (mainly on mac osx) solved
  • capolyline was not resizing correctly, this has been now corrected
  • a string containing a semicolon was only displayed up to the semicolon, this is corrected now.
  • cacamera and cascan2d got display of selected values and readback values with different representations and may therefore write values to the CS
  • soft variable bug corrected (was not always found when writing)
  • catextentry got input dialogs (filedialog in case of strings, otherwise simple dialog)
  • activ widgets were always brought in front. Now you can choose if you let the designer define the layer
  • QTextBrowser can be used with macro substitution. The file that will be read in, will be watched for changes and will automatically be reloaded
  • a vertical label has been implemented

You will find caQtDM on Github (https://github.com/caqtdm/caqtdm/) where you can also put issues and contribute as well. If you have any wishes please forward these to me directly or through github.

It would also be nice if we would know about our users, so that we could setup a user list. Please send me your coordinates when you are using caQtDM.

Best regards

Paul Scherrer Institut
Dr. Anton Christian Mezger
WBGB/103