Experimental Physics and
Industrial Control System

1994  1995  1996  1997  1998  1999  2000  2001  2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  <20202021  2022  2023  2024  Index 1994  1995  1996  1997  1998  1999  2000  2001  2002  2003  2004  2005  2006  2007  2008  2009  2010  2011  2012  2013  2014  2015  2016  2017  2018  2019  <20202021  2022  2023  2024
<== Date ==> <== Thread ==>

Subject: Re: RE: No PV record found when build ASYN application on Windows
From: shenzb--- via Tech-talk <tech-talk at aps.anl.gov>
To: "Freddie Akeroyd - UKRI STFC" <freddie.akeroyd at stfc.ac.uk>, Mark Rivers <rivers at cars.uchicago.edu>
Cc: "tech-talk at aps.anl.gov" <tech-talk at aps.anl.gov>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 09:22:17 +0800
Hello,

I'v changed the envPaths to Windows absolute paths and it works. Thanks a lot!

Zhibang Shen

Date: 2020-06-19 03:00
Hi,

I wonder if you have a filepath issue. If EPICS has been built in the MinGW-w64 shell rather than MSYS shell it will likely not know about the special MSYS absolute paths like "/home"

If you edit   envPaths   and add a  "C:/msys64"  prefix to any absolute paths defined there so e.g.

    epicsEnvSet("TOP","/home/ihep/example")

becomes

    epicsEnvSet("TOP","C:/msys64/home/ihep/example")

Does that help?

Regards,

Freddie

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses. Opinions, conclusions or other information in this message and attachments that are not related directly to UKRI business are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of UKRI.