Experimental Physics and
Industrial Control System

2012  2013  2014  <20152016  2017  2018  2019  Index 2012  2013  2014  <20152016  2017  2018  2019
<== Date ==> <== Thread ==>

Subject: RE: EPICS CA Interface for caQtDM and epicsqt
From: "Mezger Anton Christian (PSI)" <[email protected]>
To: Zenon Szalata <[email protected]>, Andrew Rhyder <[email protected]>, "Williams Jr., Ernest L." <[email protected]>
Cc: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "Shankar, Murali" <[email protected]>, "Babbitt, Alisha" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 07:18:25 +0000
Dear Zen,

The merit of caQtDM is  to provide a framework for building operator screens the way MEDM or EDM did before. At PSI we use nowadays this new synoptic display framework. However caQtDM is more than that. One can easily build applications with it, where the user interface is designed with the Qt designer. The caQtDM class will take care of populating the display when any channels are defined in the display. Code can also be implemented easily to integrate an applications logic (we made one dimensional scans ,emittance scans, probe measurement programs, ...).

Merge of epicsQt and caQtDM is actually only "putting together widgets by plugins". The individual possibilities of the two packages are therefore complimentary and your code should not bother about it.

Best regards

Anton