New releases of the following areaDetector modules are now available.
These are from the R3-6 release notes for areaDetector:
* New submodule repositories
* Driver for the RIXSCAM developed by XCAM UK
* ADCore R3-7.
* Bug fixes. Requires asyn R4-36.
* ADSupport R1-9.
* Fixes for HDF5 compression plugins.
* The master branch now uses ADGenICam, and is ready for testing.
These are from the R3-7 release notes for ADCore:
* asynNDArrayDriver, ADDriver, NDPluginDriver
* Changed to use the new method asynPortDriver::parseAsynUser()
* Use the asyn addr value in the writeXXX and readXXX methods. Previously they were not using it.
* Began conversion of raw HTML tables to Sphinx list-table or flat-table.
* Fixed bugs that could cause a crash when attributes were added to the NDArrays.
* Fixed stack overflow problem on vxWorks
These are from the R1-9 release notes for ADSupport:
* Fixed memory allocation functions used in the blosc, lz4, bslz4, and JPEG HDF5 filters. In R1-8 it was consistently using H5allocate_memory() and H5free_memory, rather than malloc() and free(). This prevented crashes when the compressors were called by NDFileHDF5.
However, it did not work with third-party applications built with HDF5 1.8.11 through 1.8.14 because H5allocate_memory() and H5free_memory were added in 1.8.15. This was a problem for Matlab, which currently uses 1.8.12.
The HDF5 Group also said that we should be using malloc() and free().
We determined that the reason for the access violation in the compressors when using malloc() and free() was because we were building on Linux with the macro H5_MEMORY_ALLOC_SANITY_CHECK defined. For some reason if that is defined then calling free() on an array allocated by the HDF5 library causes an access violation. Changed the code not to define that macro and used malloc() and free() everywhere.
It now works both on Matlab and in the NDFileHDF5 compressors.
The home page is here:
The top-level documentation is here:
Installation instructions are here:
areaDetector release notes are here:
ADCore release notes are here:
ADSupport release notes are here:
- Navigate by Date:
Re: [EXTERNAL] procServ v2.8.0 available Ralph Lange via Tech-talk
Re: EPICS 'isegHAL' module Bruno Martins via Tech-talk
- Navigate by Thread:
Re: asyn R4-36 available Mark Rivers via Tech-talk
Unhelpful MSI error message and behaviour Eric Norum via Tech-talk