> Can you please explain in more details what the parseAsynUser method is used for?
It is a convenience method that parses the pasynUser and returns the pasynUser->reason, the asyn address, and the parameter name encoded by that pasynUser. So it combines several calls into one, which is useful because this needs to be done frequently, i.e. in all of the derived methods writeInt32, readInt32, writeFloat64, readFloat64, etc.
This is the code:
asynStatus asynPortDriver::parseAsynUser(asynUser *pasynUser, int *reason, int *address, const char **paramName)
//static const char *functionName = "parseAsynUser";
*reason = pasynUser->reason;
status = this->getAddress(pasynUser, address);
if (status) return status;
status = this->getParamName(*reason, paramName);
From: Abdalla Ahmad <Abdalla.Ahmad@sesame.org.jo>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:28 AM
To: Mark Rivers
Subject: RE: asyn R4-36 available
Many thanks on your efforts with the asyn driver. Can you please explain in more details what the parseAsynUser method is used for?
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> On Behalf Of Mark Rivers via Tech-talk
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2019 2:03 AM
To: 'email@example.com' <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: asyn R4-36 available
asyn R4-36 is now available.
asyn is available on github here:
tar and zip files are available here:
Soon you will be able to find links to the new documentation and release notes here:
These are from the R4-36 release notes:
- Improved debugging output when scheduling queue request timeout.
- Improved diagnostic messages.
- Added new parseAsynUser() method. Changed all readXXX and writeXXX methods to use this, rather than getAddress().
- Use asynPortDriver::getAddress() in callback functions, rather than pasynManager::getAddress(). This allows the getAddress() to be overridden in derived classes.
- Fix to prevent a potentially locked mutex from being destroyed, as well as use-after-free bugs on other members of asynPortDriver. Thanks to Martin Konrad for this.
- asynInterposeDelay, asynInteposeEcho
- Fixes to compile on Visual Studio 2010.
- asyn R4-36 available Mark Rivers via Tech-talk
- RE: asyn R4-36 available Abdalla Ahmad via Tech-talk
- Navigate by Date:
EPICS support for HORIBA iHR320 monochromator ? Heinz Junkes via Tech-talk
pvput and enum (EPICS 7.0.3) Alfio Rizzo via Tech-talk
- Navigate by Thread:
RE: asyn R4-36 available Abdalla Ahmad via Tech-talk
areaDetector R3-7 released Mark Rivers via Tech-talk