Two new releases of EPICS have been made and are now available for download from
. The following headlines from the Release Notes show the range of changes included in each version. Note that the EPICS 7 release also includes all of the changes in the 3.15 release:
- logClient reliability
- Timers and delays use monotonic clock
- Iocsh on error ...
- Relocatable Builds
- Decouple LINKER_USE_RPATH and STATIC_BUILD
- Channel Access Security: Check Hostname Against DNS
- New and modified epicsThread APIs
- Non-VME RTEMS targets now define pdevLibVME
- Updates to the PVA modules too…
- GNU Readline detection on Linux
- Replace EPICS_TIMEZONE with EPICS_TZ
- Added new decimation channel filter
- Imported Record Reference Documentation from Wiki
- make test-results for Windows
- Add option to avoid CALLBACK conflict
- Cleaning up with Multiple CA contexts in a Process
- Perl CA bindings fixed for macOS Mojave
- Routine epicsTempName() removed from libCom
- DBD Parsing of Record Types
- menuScan and several record types documented with POD
- CA client tools learned -V option
Through the work of some hard-working volunteers who attended the Documentathon at ESS in September, these releases now come with Record Reference Documentation, converted from the text on the EPICS Wiki. You can also find those documents online for
. The texts aren't guaranteed to be completely accurate yet, but we're getting there slowly!
The individual release pages with links to all of the above are here:
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the development work that made these releases possible.
- Andrew, for the EPICS Core Developers group.
Complexity comes for free, Simplicity you have to work for.